The UAE U17 team, from July 2012 to now
The National staff | October 11, 2013
Ali Khaled has a piece in today's paper detailing the training the UAE U17 team have undergone since July 2012 to prepare for the Fifa Under 17 World Cup, which begins on October 17 here.
It's accompanied by this nifty graphic, detailing just exactly where the team have traveled and when. Be sure to also check out Ian Hawkey's analysis of the 2003 edition of the Under 17 World Cup from yesterday in the first the first part of our series leading into the Thursday kickoff for the tournament.
(Click to enlarge)
- Thursday cover: Al Wasl keeping options open to get Hugo Viana on board
- Wednesday cover: Mitchell Johnson needs to adapt to survive UAE conditions
- Tuesday cover: Al Ahli and Al Ain grudge match ends dead level
- Table tennis champ Zhang Jike boots away prize money
- Monday cover: Manchester United and Chelsea settle for draw
- Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo excited for ‘awesome’ Austin and US Grand Prix
- Win at home, and Algerians Entente Setif will be Afican champions
- ‘United’ Inter Milan is ‘truly mine’ insists embattled Walter Mazzarri
- ‘Switched on’ Isco could challenge Gareth Bale’s place at Real Madrid
- Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill happy to be picking up tips from Dan Marino
- Newcastle and Liverpool draw; City edge United in derby: The National’s EPL predictions