The UAE U17 team, from July 2012 to now
The National staff | October 11, 2013
Ali Khaled has a piece in today's paper detailing the training the UAE U17 team have undergone since July 2012 to prepare for the Fifa Under 17 World Cup, which begins on October 17 here.
It's accompanied by this nifty graphic, detailing just exactly where the team have traveled and when. Be sure to also check out Ian Hawkey's analysis of the 2003 edition of the Under 17 World Cup from yesterday in the first the first part of our series leading into the Thursday kickoff for the tournament.
(Click to enlarge)
- Asamoah Gyan wants to be an Arabian Gulf League pioneer
- Pacquiao can win in the ring, just not on the basketball court
- Tops and flops at Gulf Cup: Lots of goals but Ismail Matar underwhelmed
- Wednesday’s cover: UAE take third place at 2014 Gulf Cup of Nations
- Tuesday’s cover: Manchester City face elimination in Champions League clash with Bayern Munich
- Australians sailors have a good start in ISAF World Finals in Abu Dhabi
- David Moyes wants Real Sociedad to play with ‘excitement’ when they face Elche in his home debut
- Qatar officials unaffected by negativity about 2022 World Cup
- IPTL plans to serve up a premier premiere
- Batting is an area of concern for UAE ahead of Afghanistan ODIs
- IPTL’s break from the format could become the norm