Italian Grand Prix – in numbers
Graham Caygill | September 8, 2013
Ahead of Sunday’s Formula One Italian Grand Prix at Monza, Graham Caygill looks at some key figures about the event.
Lead from the front Times in the past 10 years that the man on pole position at Monza has gone on to win the race. Sunday’s pole-sitter Sebastian Vettel, above, accounted for two of those occasions in 2008 and 2011.
Home successes for Ferrari Occasions on which Ferrari have won what is seen as their home race, with the most recent being in 2010 when Fernando Alonso, below, triumphed.
Fast times in the past The fastest average speed in kilometres per hour of a qualifying lap in Formula One, achieved by Juan Pablo Montoya, above, in a Williams at Monza in 2004.
- ‘I’m in a good place. Zen on the court’ says Federer at Indian Wells
- In pictures: Top shots from the weekend in sport
- In pictures: Barry Bonds returns to baseball, as temporary Giants coach
- In pictures: Six drivers to watch in the 2014 Formula One season
- ‘You always have to be demanding’ says Blanc as PSG look for motivation v Leverkusen
- Nadal, Sharapova exit Indian Wells while Murray, Federer avoid same fate