Graeme Smith and Misbah-ul-Haq speak ahead of Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | October 23, 2013
Hashim Amla is out. Dale Steyn looked like he'd be out, but in fact is in.
Pakistan, who came into the series an overwhelming underdog, now almost feel a bit like the favoured side.
The first Pakistan v South Africa Test in Abu Dhabi threw out all our preconceived notions about these two sides, really, and with the second Test beginning today in Dubai, we'll simply have to wait and see whether the Pakistanis are actually an indomitable force in the UAE or if the Proteas, even minus Amla, are the global juggernaut who merely had a hiccup last week.
We had Osman Samiuddin on our Extra Time podcast yesterday to analyse the Test and the factors that could swing it one way or the other.
Yesterday, as well, the two captains, Graeme Smith and Misbah, spoke with the media about the upcoming Test. Take a listen to what the have to say as you digest the Day 1 morning session.
World Cup Diary Day 26: When Belo Horizonte erupted
- Football diary: Germany’s Joachim Loew dreaming about Brazil
- World Cup Diary Day 24: Brazil fan’s World Cup final ticket saga
- Paul the Octopus a hard act to follow; Maradona being Maradona; Ronaldo congratulates Klose
- Photos: Manchester City’s Lille loanee, Marcos Lopes
- Valdivia’s representatives say Chilean due to return August 4 as mystery now surrounds Fujairah signing
- England asking Jos Buttler to step in as Matt Prior takes a break from international cricket
- Commonwealth Games: Top 10 athletes to watch in Glasgow
- Hamid Al Kamali comes on as late substitute in Valletta’s loss to Qarabag in Uefa Champions League match
- Real Madrid make James Rodriguez signing official with six-year deal
- Australia look to do more with less at Commonwealth Games