Graeme Smith and Misbah-ul-Haq speak ahead of Pakistan v South Africa in Dubai
Jonathan Raymond | October 23, 2013
Hashim Amla is out. Dale Steyn looked like he'd be out, but in fact is in.
Pakistan, who came into the series an overwhelming underdog, now almost feel a bit like the favoured side.
The first Pakistan v South Africa Test in Abu Dhabi threw out all our preconceived notions about these two sides, really, and with the second Test beginning today in Dubai, we'll simply have to wait and see whether the Pakistanis are actually an indomitable force in the UAE or if the Proteas, even minus Amla, are the global juggernaut who merely had a hiccup last week.
We had Osman Samiuddin on our Extra Time podcast yesterday to analyse the Test and the factors that could swing it one way or the other.
Yesterday, as well, the two captains, Graeme Smith and Misbah, spoke with the media about the upcoming Test. Take a listen to what the have to say as you digest the Day 1 morning session.
Barca coach's contact number? Call Paraguay's president
- Photos: LeBron James wore a sweet black mask last week
- Cabrera-Bello and Coetzee quotes from Abu Dhabi HSCB Golf Championship final round
- Melbourne Heart’s Engelaar one-ups Wayne Rooney with long-distance goal
- This is probably the only time you'll hear a Mexican announcer shout 'God bless America!'
- Liveblog: Dubai World Cup 2014
- In pictures: Preparations for Dubai World Cup
- Barcelona hope to continue recent revival with win in Catalan derby
- Al Shabab miss chance to pull closer to Al Ahli at top of Arabian Gulf League table
- India enter World Twenty20 semis but no celebrations
- Just A Way could pave the road forward for Japan in Dubai Duty Free