Scenes from the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium
Jonathan Raymond | October 23, 2013
In just a couple of hours, the UAE Under 17 squad will play for their tournament life against Croatia, themselves in a similar position.
Both teams need the three points to have a hope of being one of the four third-place teams that will advance to the last 16.
Before getting geared up for that match, check out some of the sights and sounds we captured in these clips from the first half of Monday night's UAE loss to Brazil.
- Federer relishes win in front of ‘my idol’ Michael Jordan
- Wednesday cover: Gyan and Al Ain reach Asian Champions League semi-finals
- Is Josh Shaw’s story an act of heroism or a tall tale?
- Tuesday cover: Stevan Jovetic and City drop season’s first exclamation point
- AFC fails its own professionalism test with stadium switch
- Els on Tiger: ‘There’s still a lot of life left in the dog’
- In wake of MK Dons embarrassment, Van Gaal assures United ‘know exactly what we are doing’
- As football grows in US, Barca and others look to cash in with academies
- Wallaby Pat McCabe, 26, retiring after third neck fracture
- Al Ain opponents Al Hilal benefited from ill-fated Al Sadd risk
- Transfer talk: Arsenal won’t panic buy if Giroud is out; Everton complete Eto’o signing