Scenes from the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium
Jonathan Raymond | October 23, 2013
In just a couple of hours, the UAE Under 17 squad will play for their tournament life against Croatia, themselves in a similar position.
Both teams need the three points to have a hope of being one of the four third-place teams that will advance to the last 16.
Before getting geared up for that match, check out some of the sights and sounds we captured in these clips from the first half of Monday night's UAE loss to Brazil.
- Thursday cover: Al Wasl keeping options open to get Hugo Viana on board
- Wednesday cover: Mitchell Johnson needs to adapt to survive UAE conditions
- Tuesday cover: Al Ahli and Al Ain grudge match ends dead level
- Table tennis champ Zhang Jike boots away prize money
- Monday cover: Manchester United and Chelsea settle for draw
- Purses for Purebred Arabian races in Abu Dhabi set to double this season
- UAE champion horse racing trainer Ernst Oertel is getting back in the saddle
- Take it from Jeremy Manning: UAE Premiership final is a big game
- Onus on Rosberg to keep title fight alive until Abu Dhabi
- New look on Meydan Racecourse’s main track will be dirty
- Youngster Murphy will ride in all six races at Jebel Ali season opener