Monday's list: Premier League stats
The National staff | October 21, 2013
We learned a few things about where the Premier League season is headed this weekend. For one, thanks to the golden touch of Arsene Wenger, Arsenal look the class of the league. Andros Townsend is emerging as a force for England. And Manchester United are still in the midst of all-encompassing, head-scratching disappointment.
In addition to those, here are five more illuminating figures from the weekend in English top flight football, straight from the Monday edition of the paper.
- Mineiraozo: Germany batter Brazil in Belo Horizonte, reach World Cup final
- Everton make Gareth Barry move from Manchester City permanent
- Treble tops for sprint king Marcel Kittel at Tour de France
- Dubai resident Mike Dawson set to swim at Commonwealth Games
- Transfer talk: Scotland’s Ross McCormack signs for Fulham; Olympiakos get busy
- Mario Kempes played it ‘cool’ for Argentina long before Messi