No spin required to hype remarkable knockout kick
Iain Hepburn | March 27, 2013
If you're going to go for a KO, then you might as well make it a spectacular one...
These two fighters, taking part in the PPO Karate Championships in Ulyanovsk, Russia, were competing under shinkyokushin rules.
For those unfamiliar, that's a form of karate which only allows blows to the head from the leg or the foot. And for one of these fighters, that's the most impressive way to make an impact.
Watch the remarkable video below:
- Wednesday cover: Al Ain on good footing in Asian Champions League
- Norway’s 15-year-old Martin Odegaard to debut against UAE
- Tuesday cover: Diego Costa and Chelsea begin by beating Burnley
- F1 youth movement goes full throttle with 16-year-old Max Verstappen
- No need to dunk football after NFL touchdown when you can just leap into the stands
- India’s Dhoni dilemma lingers amid lack of options for new captain
- After embarrassment at PGA Championship, Bubba Watson is not singing in the rain
- Ruta Meilutyte secures second gold in the pool at Youth Olympic Games
- Clarke says Zimbabwe ‘not a token tour’ for World Cup hopefuls
- UAE tennis players fuel momentum for padel tennis as participation grows in the country
- Darkness is slowly falling on the once colourful Tiger Woods