No spin required to hype remarkable knockout kick
Iain Hepburn | March 27, 2013
If you're going to go for a KO, then you might as well make it a spectacular one...
These two fighters, taking part in the PPO Karate Championships in Ulyanovsk, Russia, were competing under shinkyokushin rules.
For those unfamiliar, that's a form of karate which only allows blows to the head from the leg or the foot. And for one of these fighters, that's the most impressive way to make an impact.
Watch the remarkable video below:
- Frank Lampard in turn lampooned and lauded for echoing Law in scoring on Chelsea
- Monday cover: Frank Lampard clips old friends Chelsea to deliver point to Man City
- Sunday cover: Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid go wild for eight
- In PBA foray, Manny Pacquiao ‘won’t get an open shot’ vows basketball rival
- Palestinian ‘battle’ to get to the Asian Games
- Asian Games: UAE preparing for Vietnam even before confirmation arrived
- Ancelotti wary of declaring end to Real Madrid’s woes
- Al Ahli in disarray; Al Jazira must address defence – AGL things we have learnt
- Mercedes must shake mechanical missteps to give Formula One season its due finale
- Pakistani athlete raises voice at Asian Games for equality between the genders
- Injury to China’s Sun a blow to Asian Games as Japan’s Hagino stars again