Want Lionel Messi's golden foot? It'll cost you Dh20m...
Iain Hepburn | March 6, 2013
So just how much is one of Lionel Messi's feet worth? How about Dh19.3m?
A solid gold replica of the Barcelona superstar's left foot, complete with skin patterns and blood vessels, has been created to commemorate his fourth consecutive Ballon d'Or win.
The 25kg statue, which goes on sale in Japan tomorrow, will raise money to help the victims of the earthquake and tsunami which caused devastation to the country two years ago, with a pricetag of $5.25m.
A solid gold plate of the Argentina forward's footprint, and miniature versions of the foot statue, will also be sold to raise money for the earthquake victims through the Leo Messi Foundation.
The plates, 50 of which have been made, will each be sold for Dh347,000, and the 100 miniature feet for Dh154,266 each.
The real thing, however, is probably worth quite a bit more...
- Why Jamie Donaldson finds it tough to pick which tournaments to play in
- Thani Al Qamzi all set for Abu Dhabi powerboat race
- Wednesday cover: Rory McIlroy talks DP World Tour Championship and more
- Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson reenact each other’s shots
- What it takes to make a Formula One weekend tick
- Felipe Nasr anxious to wheel into history with Sauber in 2015
- Yasir Shah is living up to the Shane Warne’s prediction
- Weary Pakistan wobble but do not fall to New Zealand
- Manny Pacquiao determined to deliver a KO of Chris Algieri
- Justin Rose making a habit of recovering from slow starts
- Day 2 leader Henrik Stenson sees room for improvement in Dubai