These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- Audio: UAE beach soccer coach ahead of Beach Soccer Intercontinental Cup
- Monday cover: Europe win the Ryder Cup
- Sunday cover: Alia Saeed snags gold medal for UAE at Asian Games
- Saturday cover: UAE footballers celebrate quarter-final advancement at Asian Games
- Lowdown on Derek Jeter’s farewell in the Big Apple
- Rafael Nadal determined to make most of remainder of his season
- Australian youngsters feeling strain of increased expectations
- Zlatko Dalic calls on Al Ain fans to give their club a lift against Al Hilal
- Champions Al Ahli annoyed after another draw at home
- Busy year of racing in store at Yas Marina Circuit
- Dubai December treat: Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid v AC Milan