These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- Valdivia’s representatives say Chilean due to return August 4 as mystery now surrounds Fujairah signing
- England asking Jos Buttler to step in as Matt Prior takes a break from international cricket
- Commonwealth Games: Top 10 athletes to watch in Glasgow
- Hamid Al Kamali comes on as late substitute in Valletta’s loss to Qarabag in Uefa Champions League match
- Real Madrid make James Rodriguez signing official with six-year deal
- Australia look to do more with less at Commonwealth Games