These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- No Ajmal, no problem at all as Pakistan dominate Dubai Test
- You can’t blame Mario Balotelli for all of Liverpool’s problems
- Real Madrid’s Kroos and Rodriguez enter the El Clasico cauldron
- Jebel Ali Dragons UAE Premiership reign ends with loss to Abu Dhabi Saracens
- Al Wasl wait on Viana verdict as the club praise arrival of Calderon in charge
- Andy Murray into Valencia Open semi-finals