These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- Asamoah Gyan wants to be an Arabian Gulf League pioneer
- Pacquiao can win in the ring, just not on the basketball court
- Tops and flops at Gulf Cup: Lots of goals but Ismail Matar underwhelmed
- Wednesday’s cover: UAE take third place at 2014 Gulf Cup of Nations
- Tuesday’s cover: Manchester City face elimination in Champions League clash with Bayern Munich
- Sailing World Cup in Abu Dhabi - Video
- Australians sailors have a good start in ISAF World Finals in Abu Dhabi
- David Moyes wants Real Sociedad to play with ‘excitement’ when they face Elche in his home debut
- Qatar officials unaffected by negativity about 2022 World Cup
- IPTL plans to serve up a premier premiere
- Batting is an area of concern for UAE ahead of Afghanistan ODIs