These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- Wednesday cover: Man City stumped by CSKA Moscow
- Adel Taarabt: ‘I was fuming when I didn’t play’
- Tuesday cover: Close call for Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United
- Luis Suarez thought Barca would balk after bite: ‘Thought I had ruined my career’
- Myanmar threatened with empty stands after pitch invasion following win over UAE
- Arsenal scrape to last-gasp win over Anderlecht
- Toast Of New York set for the Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Ronaldo and Real Madrid leave Liverpool in the dust at Anfield
- Five rugby teams in contention for UAE Premiership final
- Ibrahim Diaky’s double an Al Ain pleasure
- Al Shabab continue to improve and impress in the Arabian Gulf League