These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- Morata, El Shaarway, Mvila, Cole, Rossi: Five players to watch out for this Serie A season
- Philosopher Ernest Gulbis’ rules for life at the US Open
- Defender turns heroic goalkeeper in Uefa Champions League qualifier
- Federer relishes win in front of ‘my idol’ Michael Jordan
- Wednesday cover: Gyan and Al Ain reach Asian Champions League semi-finals
- Australia captain Clarke targets return from injury against Zimbabwe
- Perera sets pace for Sri Lanka in ODI series-clinching win over Pakistan
- Blues for Manchester clubs and Newcastle while QPR and Swansea find cheer
- England spun out once again as India go 2-0 up in ODI series
- Stoke City’s counter challenge cost Manchester City dear
- Chelsea captain Terry glad after wake-cup call at Everton but Mourinho is not pleased