These Yohji Yamamoto-designed lion boots will literally terrify opponents
Jonathan Raymond | October 27, 2013
Yohji Yamamoto is a big name in the world of fashion, not so much in the world of sport, but these bad boys might change that.
The Japanese award-winning designer, who has worked with Hermès and Mikimoto, among other fashion brands, has produced the, well, let's call them colourful, lion boots for Adidas.
Just 2,000 of these will be produced, of which 25 will be available at the Mall of the Emirates tomorrow.
"My inspiration is a mixture of ancient traditions and modern sci-fi from Japanese culture," said Yamamoto in a press release. "I hope the inspiration of the boot harmonises the players and gives them extra confidence to express themselves without any fear. People should feel free to express themselves. Just follow your own instinct.”
One would figure that any player eager to strap these on isn't exactly lacking in confidence or willingness to express.
- Asia minor part of Al Ahli’s season-long push for glory
- Dalic set for difficult Asian Champions League debut with Al Ain
- Vagner Love leaves Cerezo Osaka heartbroken in Asian Champions League
- Barcelona defiant despite dip in form ahead of Manchester City clash
- Al Jazira defence holds firm during Asian Champions League win in Riyadh
- England winger Wright-Phillips open to Arabian Gulf League move