Here's the Arsenal goal that has the football world buzzing
Jonathan Raymond | October 21, 2013
Bogdan Maran STR
Arsenal beat Norwich City 4-1 on Saturday, but frankly could have lost 4-1 and still earned accolades for the wonder goal they produced on their first strike.
Jack Wilshere was the prime culprit for the score, which came as a result of returning a pass to Santi Cazorla, who passed back to Olivier Giroud, who tapped along to Wilshere, who tapped back along to Giroud who once more tapped back to Wilshere, who finally shot it and hit net.
Tiki-taka is the widespread term being used to describe the goal, and it certainly fits. "One of the best goals of all time," is another popular term and, well, it's hard to argue with that one either.
Great win today! And amazing crowd #afc #jack #me #matchday #wonderful #first #goal #decent #assist… http://t.co/O2INixcvjO
— Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) October 19, 2013
- Tuesday cover: Manchester United left defenceless
- Frank Lampard in turn lampooned and lauded for echoing Law in scoring on Chelsea
- Monday cover: Frank Lampard clips old friends Chelsea to deliver point to Man City
- Sunday cover: Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid go wild for eight
- In PBA foray, Manny Pacquiao ‘won’t get an open shot’ vows basketball rival
- The Benghazi beach rugby championship in pictures
- Arsenal’s Wenger confirms likes of Isaac Hayden and Nigeria’s Semi Ajayi set for League Cup bows
- Super Suresh Raina leads Chennai Super Kings to bounce back win in CLT20
- Trio at the top of Ligue 1 will at least be cut to two as Bordeaux and Saint-Etienne square off
- Rafa Benitez’s Napoli host Palermo looking to stave off crisis
- Caroline Garcia continues rise at Wuhan Open, knocking off Agnieszka Radwanska