Here's the Arsenal goal that has the football world buzzing
Jonathan Raymond | October 21, 2013
Bogdan Maran STR
Arsenal beat Norwich City 4-1 on Saturday, but frankly could have lost 4-1 and still earned accolades for the wonder goal they produced on their first strike.
Jack Wilshere was the prime culprit for the score, which came as a result of returning a pass to Santi Cazorla, who passed back to Olivier Giroud, who tapped along to Wilshere, who tapped back along to Giroud who once more tapped back to Wilshere, who finally shot it and hit net.
Tiki-taka is the widespread term being used to describe the goal, and it certainly fits. "One of the best goals of all time," is another popular term and, well, it's hard to argue with that one either.
Great win today! And amazing crowd #afc #jack #me #matchday #wonderful #first #goal #decent #assist… http://t.co/O2INixcvjO
— Olivier Giroud (@_OlivierGiroud_) October 19, 2013
- Thursday cover: Karim Benzema and Real Madrid silence Anfield
- Wednesday cover: Man City stumped by CSKA Moscow
- Adel Taarabt: ‘I was fuming when I didn’t play’
- Tuesday cover: Close call for Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United
- Luis Suarez thought Barca would balk after bite: ‘Thought I had ruined my career’
- Ownership row has Caterham in disarray, F1 future in doubt
- All Blacks’ Sonny Bill Williams ‘a mercenary ... but a terribly gifted sportsman’
- Dormant for 122 days, Barca’s Luis Suarez set to answer El Clasico call
- Pakistan and Australia lock horns for first Test in Dubai – in pictures
- After running over Roma, Bayern Munich clash with second-placed Monchengladbach
- Drogba, 36, and Dominic Solanke, 17, may be Chelsea’s only strikers v Man United