Five F1 teams with vacancies to fill for 2014
Graham Caygill | November 21, 2013
SRDJAN SUKI STF
The final Formula One race of the season takes place in Brazil on Sunday and several teams have yet to settle their driver line-ups for 2014. Graham Caygill looks at the five teams on the grid with vacancies, and who is rumoured to be filling those spots.
Sauber Given the interest in his services, Hulkenburg, above, is unlikely to stay with the Swiss team, while Esteban Gutierrez is hopeful he will get a second season. Perez, who drove for Sauber for two years before moving to McLaren-Mercedes, has been linked with a move back there.
Marussia Jules Bianchi, below, is already signed up for next year after an impressive first year, but the second spot is still to be confirmed. Max Chilton, who has driven this season alongside Bianchi, has been warned by the team they will not decide if he stays on with them until next month.
Caterham Heikki Kovalainen, above, is close to a deal with the team. The Finn had driven for the team between 2010 and 2012, before missing out this season. Both Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde hope to keep their drives, but if Kovalainen does return one of them will have to miss out.
- Mickelson looking to ‘build momentum’ ahead of Masters at Texas Open
- ‘I will be a better fighter’ at welterweight, says Amir Khan ahead of Luis Collazo fight
- In pictures: Amir Khan trains for Luis Collazo fight
- In pictures: Best sport images from around the world, March 26
- In pictures: Diego Costa puts Atletico Madrid in control in La Liga
- Nishikori stuns Federer, Djokovic drops Murray at Miami Masters quarters