Is that what they mean by an 18-inning stretch?
Iain Hepburn | September 19, 2012
There's commitment, and then there's commitment. And then there's these guys.
Baltimore's 4-2 win over Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field stretched into the early hours of this morning as the Orioles took five and three-quarter hours to finally claim victory.
But never underestimate the staying power of a fan. Even as the clock ticked by, these brave souls stuck it out to see their side suffer a home defeat. If that's not showing dedication to the cause, I don't know what is.
Even if the match itself was enough to drive you to catch 40 winks...
- Ferdinand says it’s time for Wayne Rooney to assume England captaincy
- Paulo Bonamigo sets out to ‘restore’ Sharjah among UAE elite
- Will Skelton looming as match-winning threat for NSW Waratahs in Super Rugby Final
- Steven Gerrard happy to have ‘worst three months of my life’ behind him
- Kei Nishikori aims to challenge tennis elite: ‘I don’t feel any fear to play them’
- Ancelotti indicates Ronaldo could return to Real squad against United