Abu Dhabi Grand Prix wrapup
The National staff | November 4, 2013
The race is finished and the F1 circus has packed up and left town. We have plenty of coverage to keep you occupied with Abu Dhabi Grand Prix news, but we offer one more item – a look at some of the interesting stats to emerge from this year's race, courtesy our own Graham Caygill.
1: The number of the Red Bull car driven by Sebastian Vettel, which led at the end of all 55 laps. He was second on the starting grid, but took the lead at the first corner and was never passed.
3: The number of one-two finishes this season for Red Bull Racing. Mark Webber was second to Vettel at Malaysia in March, Japan in October and Abu Dhabi yesterday.
11: Victories for Vettel in 2013. His triumphs have been in Malaysia, Bahrain, Canada, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Singapore, Korea, Japan, India and now Abu Dhabi.
21: Cars that finished the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Only Kimi Raikkonen, who broke his front suspension in a collision at the first corner, failed to finish the race.
55: Lap on which Fernando Alonso set the fastest time of the season. The Ferrari man finished a lap of 1 minute, 43.434 seconds around the 5.5-kilometre track on his last circuit of the race.
- Atletico manager Simeone wary of a rested AC Milan side
- Guardiola points out quality in Arsenal
- AFC president: UAE has strong chance of winning the bid
- Imad Khalili makes an impression for Saudis
- New Azzam yacht gets rave reviews from crew as it sails for first time
- For UAE cricket team, home is where you can hang your cap