6 Sachin Tendulkar numbers to remember
The National staff | November 17, 2013
Sachin Tendulkar ended his career on a pretty high note yesterday, with India easily defeating West Indies in the second Test between the sides and a nifty little 74 to his credit in his final turn with the bat.
As the cricket world steps into the first days of a post-Tendulkar era, we look at six defining numbers he and his bat produced.
Test wickets claimed by Tendulkar as a bowler, with his last one being Shane Shillingford, who he dismissed leg before wicket.
Test hundreds to his name. Tendulkar missed out on a 52nd in his final match as he was dismissed for 74. His first was against England in August 1990 and his last was against South Africa in January 2011.
Tendulkarís Test average after 329 innings for India, with his first in November 1989 and his last being yesterday.
Times at the crease during a Test match that Tendulkar struck a six. His last two were against Australia in Chennai in February.
Tendulkarís highest Test score. He scored it against Bangladesh in Dhaka in December 2004 and finished not out.
Runs Jacques Kallis needs to equal Tendulkarís record Test tally of 15,921. The South African is the likeliest of players to catch him.
- Henrik Stenson retains DP World Tour Championship title in Dubai
- Lionel Messi reaches new heights with Barcelona
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - in pictures
- India’s Virat Kohli says ‘I’m going to look good at the end of the day’ ahead of Test with Australia
- With skipper Bouwe Bekking at the helm, Team Brunel grab second leg lead in Volvo Ocean Race
- Manny Pacquiao dominates Algieri, looks to Floyd Mayweather: ‘I want that fight’