6 Sachin Tendulkar numbers to remember
The National staff | November 17, 2013
Sachin Tendulkar ended his career on a pretty high note yesterday, with India easily defeating West Indies in the second Test between the sides and a nifty little 74 to his credit in his final turn with the bat.
As the cricket world steps into the first days of a post-Tendulkar era, we look at six defining numbers he and his bat produced.
Test wickets claimed by Tendulkar as a bowler, with his last one being Shane Shillingford, who he dismissed leg before wicket.
Test hundreds to his name. Tendulkar missed out on a 52nd in his final match as he was dismissed for 74. His first was against England in August 1990 and his last was against South Africa in January 2011.
Tendulkarís Test average after 329 innings for India, with his first in November 1989 and his last being yesterday.
Times at the crease during a Test match that Tendulkar struck a six. His last two were against Australia in Chennai in February.
Tendulkarís highest Test score. He scored it against Bangladesh in Dhaka in December 2004 and finished not out.
Runs Jacques Kallis needs to equal Tendulkarís record Test tally of 15,921. The South African is the likeliest of players to catch him.
- Thursday cover: Karim Benzema and Real Madrid silence Anfield
- Wednesday cover: Man City stumped by CSKA Moscow
- Adel Taarabt: ‘I was fuming when I didn’t play’
- Tuesday cover: Close call for Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United
- Luis Suarez thought Barca would balk after bite: ‘Thought I had ruined my career’
- ‘Antsy’ Kevin Durant can’t wait to return for Thunder, but also can’t rush
- Maria Sharapova on her way out as Serena Williams rebounds at WTA Finals
- Azzam looks set to be first to Equator in Volvo Ocean Race
- Life in the doldrums slows down the Volvo Ocean Race pace – in pictures
- Old dog, new tricks: Reinvented Big Sam has found big results with West Ham United
- Humbled again in Europe, Juventus and AS Roma look to lick wounds in Serie A