6 Sachin Tendulkar numbers to remember
The National staff | November 17, 2013
Sachin Tendulkar ended his career on a pretty high note yesterday, with India easily defeating West Indies in the second Test between the sides and a nifty little 74 to his credit in his final turn with the bat.
As the cricket world steps into the first days of a post-Tendulkar era, we look at six defining numbers he and his bat produced.
Test wickets claimed by Tendulkar as a bowler, with his last one being Shane Shillingford, who he dismissed leg before wicket.
Test hundreds to his name. Tendulkar missed out on a 52nd in his final match as he was dismissed for 74. His first was against England in August 1990 and his last was against South Africa in January 2011.
Tendulkarís Test average after 329 innings for India, with his first in November 1989 and his last being yesterday.
Times at the crease during a Test match that Tendulkar struck a six. His last two were against Australia in Chennai in February.
Tendulkarís highest Test score. He scored it against Bangladesh in Dhaka in December 2004 and finished not out.
Runs Jacques Kallis needs to equal Tendulkarís record Test tally of 15,921. The South African is the likeliest of players to catch him.
- Luis Suarez thought Barca would balk after bite: ‘Thought I had ruined my career’
- Myanmar threatened with empty stands after pitch invasion following win over UAE
- Monday cover: QPR put two too many into own net
- Sunday cover: Sergio Aguero lights up Spurs
- Friday cover: A confident Gabriel Calderon checks in at Al Wasl
- Relief for Serena Williams after opening win in WTA Finals
- Blind blast salvages point but flaws still evident in Van Gaal’s Manchester United
- ATP World Tour Finals race a bonus for late-season tournaments
- Cricket round-up: Peter Siddle targets Pakistan’s ‘older blokes’ in Dubai Test
- Rodgers admits losing Suarez to Barcelona has left Liverpool ‘stalled’
- World Series preview: To cheer or not to cheer? That is the question