Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 23, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Saturday, August 23 issue, featuring Canadian rising tennis star Eugenie Bouchard, who has signed up with the UAE Royals franchise in the fledgling IPTL.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 22, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Friday, August 22 issue, featuring apparent Liverpool-bound striker Mario Balotelli.
The National staff with agencies | August 22, 2014
Germany’s Bundesliga – ‘The league of the world champions’ – begins today, and here we take a look at five players who are certain to be prominent in the new season.
Agence France-Presse | August 22, 2014
Young Pakistan fast bowler, suspended for his role in the spot-fixing scandal of 2010, is in need of money.
Andy Mitten | August 21, 2014
Andy Mitten names Munir and four other La Liga youngsters as his players to watch for the 2014/15 season.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 21, 2014
The National's Sport cover for the Thursday, August 21 issue, highlighting the upcoming Spanish football season.
Chitrabhanu Kadalayil | August 20, 2014
The National's Sport c over for the Wednesday, August 20 issue, featuring UAE club Al Ain, out to a 2-0 lead after the first leg of their quarter-final tie with Saudi side Al Ittihad in the Asian Champions League.
Agencies | August 19, 2014
Odegaard, a member of Norwegian champions Stromsgodset, will be the youngest callup to the Norway national team next week when they play the UAE.
Agence France-Presse | August 19, 2014
Toro Rosso has announced the teenager will get a drive with them next season, making the Dutch son of ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen the youngest driver in F1 history.
Matt Smith | August 19, 2014
The National’s Sport cover for the Tuesday, August 19 issue, featuring Diego Costa and Chelsea handing Jose Mourinho a season-opening win over Burnley.
- Martinez and Everton ready for Arsenal test: ‘You need to face this sort of opposition’
- City’s Pellegrini on Jovetic: ‘We will see the real Stevan Jovetic this season’
- In pictures: Atletico hit back against Real Madrid for first title of La Liga season
- Liverpool’s Rodgers, alluding to Balotelli: ‘Sometimes you have to take a risk with people’
- Redknapp on Pochettino’s Spurs task: ‘They should be pushing to get into the top four’
- After scoreless draw with lowly Evian, PSG left feeling ‘we didn’t do enough’