The Ivy restaurant launches autumn menu
Hugo Berger | September 17, 2013
The Ivy, the high-end brasserie at Jumeirah Emirates Towers in Dubai, has recently launched its new seasonal menu featuring 30 new dishes.
These are inspired by autumnal flavours, with ingredients such as salsify, wild mushrooms, shellfish, cherries and pears featuring heavily.
The menu takes diners on a gastronomic world tour with dishes and produce from Europe, the Americas, Asia and Australasia.
Guests can begin their journey with a selection of East Asian appetisers, including beef tataki, unagi foie gras, prawn tempura, crab harumaki and miso soup.
New vegetarian hors d’oeuvres include chilled gazpacho, twice-baked cheese soufflé and sweet potato gnocchi, with Gorgonzola and sage.
The main courses include a variety of steaks as well as head chef Ben Tobitt’s siganture dish, the mixed grill for two, with gentleman’s relish.
Seafood fans can enjoy a classic lobster thermidor or try the hot smoked salmon with horseradish potato and roasted beetroot.
Desserts include the Black Forest chocolate crackle bombe, the flamed baked Alaska with blood orange, vanilla and passion fruit, or the pear tarte tatin with cinnamon ice cream.
For reservations and further information call 04 319 8767 or visit http://www.theivy.ae
- Q&A with Toko Dubai executive chef Sebastian Francis
- Nespresso recipe: Coffee Glazed Short Rib of Beef with Nespresso’s Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru Coffee
- Nespresso’s guide to cooking with coffee beyond desserts
- Twinings still making tea history 300 years on
- No ticket, no problem: Other ways to enjoy Abu Dhabi during F1 weekend
- My UAE: Hot property with the Emirati coffee entrepreneur Mansoor Al Bastaki