Starbucks launches gourmet coffee shop concept in Abu Dhabi
Hugo Berger | September 24, 2013
If your local Starbucks isn't upmarket enough for you then you’ll be delighted to hear about the coffee corporation’s new concept in the UAE - Starbucks Reserve.
Located in the luxurious surrrounds of the Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri hotel in Abu Dhabi, Starbucks Reserve is, according to a press release, a “stunningly wonderful environment filled with the tempting aromas of some of the world’s finest coffees, accompanied by high-end pastries and food offerings."
A regional spokesman for the company goes on to state that people who love coffee are “always searching for new sensory experiences from their favourite beverage.”
She adds that the Starbucks Reserve will “give consumers everything their passion for coffee demands: exquisite rare beans from exotic locations, hand selected by our master brewers for the ultimate coffee taste experience.”
But does this mean other coffee houses will be following suit to try to appeal to those who believe a run-of-the-mill latte is too unsophisticated for their refined palates? Will we see Costa Coffee Vintage or Tim Hortons Gourmet any time soon? Maybe we will.
- Foodie news: Raffles Hotel Dubai and Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort to open new Italian eateries
- Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island to celebrate South African Heritage Month in September
- Buffalo Wings and Rings opening in the capital
- A meal at: The Ritz-Carlton Dubai’s Blue Jade Pan Asian restaurant
- Strawberry Festival at Godiva Chocolate Cafe