Pizza, like you've never experienced it before?
Emily Shardlow | December 5, 2012
Following on from David Mattin’s piece about Augmented Reality (AR) in the paper on Monday - where he predicted that the next generation of this technology is “set to change the way we live” - Pizza Hut Middle East have just launched their own AR app.
The app, which promotes the fast food restaurant’s Family Box, is a clever way of extending the company's social media reach (they are also very active on Facebook and YouTube) and means that they can claim to offer the “region’s first augmented reality application within the Quick Service Restaurant industry”.
As soon as the app, which uses Ogle technology, is downloaded (via iTunes) onto your smartphone or tablet, you simply hover it over one of their print advertisements to connect with the company’s Facebook page, link to their recent adverts, or be redirected towards their homepage. The company hopes that it will create "a dynamic snapshot of Pizza Hut’s latest meal deals and innovations including the ‘cone crust’ pizzas developed specifically for the Middle East region."
It’s pizza, like you’ve never seen it before. Hungry yet?
- 1,001 Arabian Bites: From sweet to savoury, saffron is a valued spice
- All-day dining restaurant Nine7One is a pleasant surprise
- In pictures: Nine7One restaurant in Dubai
- Kid-friendly recipes for UAE school children’s lunch-boxes
- 10 new UAE restaurants still set to open in 2014
- In pictures: Authentic Thai cooking tips from an Anantara chef