Oktoberfest celebration at Tilal Liwa Hotel this weekend
Afshan Ahmed | September 30, 2013
The Tilal Liwa Hotel has organised a lively weekend of Bavarian fun.
The Tilal Liwa Hotel is celebrating Oktoberfest with food, cultural discovery and merrymaking on the menu. The German festival will start with a spread of sausages, suppe, pretzel, kasespatzle, sauerkraut along with Bavarian delicacies such as Weisswurst served with house German beverages.
Oktoberfest is a 16 day festival that is held each year in Munich, Germany and runs from late September to early October. It is one of the most famous events in Germany and the world's largest fair, with some six million people attending every year. It is an important part of Bavarian culture. Other cities across the world also hold Oktoberfest celebrations, modeled after the Munich event.
“Guests at this year's festival will be delighted by an endless supply of authentic Bavarian specialties including traditional dishes of Schnitzel, Sauerkraut and Spaetzle,” says Ayman Ashor, the General Manager of the hotel. “We join the German community in celebrating this fun-filled festival.”
Celebrations will take place on October 4 between 6:30pm and 10:30pm. The package is priced at Dh140 and can be booked by calling 02-8946111 or visiting www.danathotels.com.
- Vox goes gourmet with new movie munchies
- Foodie news: Raffles Hotel Dubai and Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort to open new Italian eateries
- Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island to celebrate South African Heritage Month in September
- Buffalo Wings and Rings opening in the capital
- A meal at: The Ritz-Carlton Dubai’s Blue Jade Pan Asian restaurant