MasterChef Australia's George Calombaris cooking at Atlantis, The Palm
Emily Shardlow | September 20, 2012
The evening kicks off with a canapes and a cocktail reception at 7pm, before guests are seated at tables of 10, ready to enjoy a six-course dinner featuring dishes from Calombaris’s Melbourne restaurant The Press Club.
His style is described as “modern Greek, taking the best of centuries of Hellenic gastronomy and mixing it with modern techniques, contemporary style and the finest ingredients”.
If that sounds like just the thing for your Friday evening, tickets are priced at a cool Dh1,250 per person, including drinks.
Calombaris will also be helping to launch the hotel’s new weekly brunch at the steakhouse Seafire. Billed as a family-friendly affair, the brunch will focus around five different sections: providore (cheese, olives and deli bits and pieces), cold dishes (antipasti and mezze), butchery (featuring “certified Atlantis beef” from Australia), fish and patisserie (plenty of large cakes to share). There’s also a designated entertainment section for children.
- Video: Mocktail recipe - Sparkling Raspberry Basil Lemonade
- Easy-to-make mocktails created especially for the readers of The National
- More summer mocktail recipes
- Video: Mocktail recipe - Saadiyat Delight
- Video: Mocktail recipe - National treasure
- In pictures: Creation of the Saadiyat Delight Mocktail