Irish celebrity chef Rachel Allen cooking at Gourmet Abu Dhabi 2013
Emily Shardlow | December 5, 2012
Gourmet Abu Dhabi 2013 have announced that Irish celebrity chef and cookbook author Rachel Allen will be appearing at next year’s festival.
Allen is a television favourite, with a number of different cooking series under her belt and a host of books which cater to enthusiastic home cooks and families, rather than chefs.
From my experience of the festival, bringing someone like Allen over is a smart and much needed move by the organisers. While each year they have managed to attract an array of Michelin star chefs, who are well known and respected within the culinary world, the vast majority of the general public probably wouldn’t view them as familiar faces.
Furthermore, because of their background these chefs have a tendency to prepare wildly inventive and complicated dishes during the masterclasses. These items may well taste great, but because they’re neigh on impossible to recreate at home it detracts from the practicality and usefulness of the classes. Allen will bring an accessibility to the festival that I feel has been missing before.
She will be appearing at the Culinary Creation Stage at the Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa on Saturday 9th February and will be designing the menu and hosting a dinner at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr on Sunday 10th. She will also be cooking and talking about her favourite food to a limited number of guests on Monday 11th.
For more information or to book tickets for any of Rachel Allen’s appearances during Gourmet Abu Dhabi 2013, visit www.gourmetabudhabi.ae
- Nespresso recipe: Coffee Glazed Short Rib of Beef with Nespresso’s Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru Coffee
- Nespresso’s guide to cooking with coffee beyond desserts
- Twinings still making tea history 300 years on
- No ticket, no problem: Other ways to enjoy Abu Dhabi during F1 weekend
- My UAE: Hot property with the Emirati coffee entrepreneur Mansoor Al Bastaki
- Feeding the F1 thousands: what’s in store for hungry fans enjoying the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on a yacht