Indian fine dining coming to Dubai Mall
Rebecca McLaughlin-Duane | November 17, 2013
Meaning ‘Gateway to India’, La Porte des Indes took its inspiration from the Gallic-influenced cuisine of the former French-Indian colony, Pondicherry.
As with the London and Brussels restaurants of the same name, group executive chef Mehernosh Mody will oversee the new Dubai kitchen.
Mody spent many months in Pondicherry where he fully immersed himself in the traditional French-Creole communities and researched guarded recipes from French, Tamil and Creole families.
Head to http://www.laportedesindes.com/ to see what kind of dishes will be coming the UAE's way some time in early 2014.
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm
- Abu Dhabi’s tastiest secret: The Russian Kitchen House
- Four recipes for your UAE World Cup party
- Where to watch the World Cup in the UAE
- Restaurant review: The Foundry, Abu Dhabi