Healthy gourmet fare at Abu Dhabi's Urban Bites
Asmaa Al Hameli | September 4, 2013
Urban Bites, a ready-to-eat gourmet restaurant encouraging healthy eating and living, has opened in Abu Dhabi's Khalidiya district.
The eatery offers traditional Emirati breakfast fare, Eggs Malawach, bagels and croissants. For lunch, there are salads, homemade soups and fresh wholemeal sandwiches and wraps.
"Urban Bites was created after we saw a demand for a healthier choice of ready-to-eat food that is fast and convenient at the same time,” says Mark Hintze, one of the partners of Urban Bites.
Made fresh daily, the menu is packed with nutritious produce such as tuna, goat's cheese, avocado, brie, rocket as well as a selection of meats and cold cuts.
For vegetarians, there's a salad bar for those wanting to create their own platter, and pastas with fresh vegetables and nutritious soba noodles.
Abdul Kader Al Saadi, the managing director of Glee Hospitality, said that the restaurant aims to offer “speedy and convenient meals” for their customers.
Three new types of bread are also being introduced in the next two weeks, he said.
The average cost of a food item is Dh25. A second branch is scheduled to open at the end of the year in Airport Road.
* Urban Bites, located at Shining Tower, Khalidiya, is open daily from 7am to 10pm. You can place an order at www.urbanbites.me or by calling 02 222 2302
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm
- Abu Dhabi’s tastiest secret: The Russian Kitchen House
- Four recipes for your UAE World Cup party
- Where to watch the World Cup in the UAE
- Restaurant review: The Foundry, Abu Dhabi