Gourmet Abu Dhabi 2013
Emily Shardlow | November 20, 2012
When the festival begins on the 5th February 2013, it will be five years since Gourmet Abu Dhabi started. To mark the anniversary, organisers Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) are promising “revamped events, highly-focused masterclasses and extensive culinary demonstrations and promotions”, with visits from fourteen international chefs, as well as the odd celebrity chef and plenty of special guests.
They will, they say, also be introducing new culinary initiatives, focusing increasingly on traditional Emirati food and are looking to revamp elements of the established program.
Information about the visiting chefs, special events and various themed dinners has yet to be released - keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks - but we do know that the festival promises to be bigger than ever before, with over twenty restaurants participating.
For now, also note that chef Shinichiro Takagi (pictured above) will be cooking a specially designed menu at Teatro, Park Rotana Abu Dhabi from the 6th-9th February. Takagi is known as a master of kaiseki - traditional multi-coursed Japanese haute cuisine - and he will also be conducting a masterclass during the event.
Gourmet Abu Dhabi 2013 will run from 5th - 20th February 2013. For more information see: www.gourmetabudhabi.ae.
- So you think you can cook? Dubai cafe welcomes menu additions from home chefs
- Restaurant review: Studio Masr, World Trade Center Mall, Abu Dhabi
- 1,001 Arabian bites: why is sumac the spice that gets no respect?
- In pictures: Mellow Yellow Bakeshop and Cafe in Dubai
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout