Gluten-free bases and organic salads – did pizza delivery just get healthy?
Emily Shardlow | September 2, 2012
We’ve championed N_K_D Pizza in Dubai before, namely because of its speedy delivery service and dedication to using natural, preservative and additive-free ingredients.
Now there’s even more to like. The company has just started selling pizzas made with gluten-free bases which, as well as having the obvious benefit of being suitable for celiacs, contain fewer calories than the original. As usual, you can customise your crust by selecting from a list of flora, fauna and cheese or go with one of N_K_D’s signature toppings.
The company has also recently begun working with Elena Kinane of Greenheart Organic Farms to create two new pizzas (the macrobiotic and the firehouse) and three salads, made using organic ingredients sourced from local farms. Salads were missing from the N_K_D Pizza repertoire before, so this is good to see. Kinane recommends dressing the herb-infused garden salad with the raspberry and pepper vinaigrette, the gourmet farmer salad is best tossed with the apple and spice dressing and the summer melon salad with a lemon and honey mixture.
Order online at www.nkdpizza.com
- Waxwork-themed Taste of Fame eatery in Dubai’s Sunset Mall: get kitschy with George Clooney
- 1,001 Arabian bites: bread, the ultimate comfort food, is life itself
- New Dubai cafe brings together classic rock music and coffee
- Döner & Gyros sandwich shop to open in Dubai
- Ishi Khosla’s top tips for weight loss