A fresh start for Left Bank bar and restaurant
Hugo Berger | June 19, 2013
Left Bank has hired a troubleshooter to revamp the Abu Dhabi bar in an attempt to boost its flagging number of patrons.
Gary Digby, who boasts more than 15 years experience in the hospitality industry with a proven track record of transforming bars and restaurants, has been appointed outlet manager.
The bar is centrally located at the Souk Qaryat Al Beri in the Between the Bridges area of the city. It has a cool, space-age interior, a large dance floor and a spacious terrace with views over the Grand Mosque.
Yet its popularity has wained in recent years, hence Digby has been brought in to re-energise the place. He has already introduced a daily happy hour, a new menu and various theme nights throughout the week.
“In the short space of time that I’ve been here, we’ve already made a number of positive changes to the venue that have started to re-establish Left Bank’s position in the market,” Digby says.
“We’re investing heavily in turning Left Bank around to make it one of Abu Dhabi’s most popular nightspots again... I’m really excited about what we’re going to be offering Abu Dhabi in terms of nightlife and entertainment.”
- Vox goes gourmet with new movie munchies
- Foodie news: Raffles Hotel Dubai and Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort to open new Italian eateries
- Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island to celebrate South African Heritage Month in September
- Buffalo Wings and Rings opening in the capital
- A meal at: The Ritz-Carlton Dubai’s Blue Jade Pan Asian restaurant