Free birthday dinners at the Shangri-La
Sarah Ferguson | September 16, 2012
Sammy Dallal Photographer
The Shangri-La in Abu Dhabi is celebrating five years of dining, and during September and October anyone celebrating a birthday during those months is invited to a free meal at any of the hotel's restaurants.
It's good news for me, as I'm a September baby. The catch? You have to dine with at least one paying customer – but then, who wants to eat their birthday dinner alone? – and only one birthday celebrant is permitted per table.
Choose from Shang Palace, Bord Eau, Sofra Bld or Pearls & Caviar. Just bring along photographic ID to prove you have a September or October birthday and your meal is free.
For more information and to make a reservation, visit www.shangri-la.com.
- So you think you can cook? Dubai cafe welcomes menu additions from home chefs
- Restaurant review: Studio Masr, World Trade Center Mall, Abu Dhabi
- 1,001 Arabian bites: why is sumac the spice that gets no respect?
- In pictures: Mellow Yellow Bakeshop and Cafe in Dubai
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout