Cheesecake to write home about
Anna Seaman | December 18, 2013
We are not kidding when we say the home-made cheesecake at XVA Art Hotel and Cafe is the best in town. Ok, we know there's a lot of competition, but we dare you to take the taste test..
Made by the gallery's communications and special projects manager Alicia Hughes, the flavours are what sets these cakes apart. Pictured here is the rose cheescake, made with a hazelnut and cardamom base. The combination is delicious and the small flakes of dried petals in the cake gives them a surprising texture that you will not expect.
Also on the menu is pumpkin cheesecake. Made with a gingernut and pecan base, the pumpkin is smooth and sweet and totally more-ish.
Ok, we might be gushing just a little, but this is really creativity in food at its best. Alicia tells us that she also recently made a Roobois tea cheesecake with chili Roobois honey to be served alongside and will be selling it this weekend at the Ripe Market.
Eat your heart out Cheescake Factory.. in fact, even Limetree's Carrot Cake crown could be set to topple. Have a try and let us know!
* XVA Art Hotel and Cafe is located in Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood. For more info contact: 04 353 5383
- Waxwork-themed Taste of Fame eatery in Dubai’s Sunset Mall: get kitschy with George Clooney
- 1,001 Arabian bites: bread, the ultimate comfort food, is life itself
- New Dubai cafe brings together classic rock music and coffee
- Döner & Gyros sandwich shop to open in Dubai
- Ishi Khosla’s top tips for weight loss
- Emirati chefs give Eid a local flavour with these tasty recipes