Bites Bits: Ashton Kutcher's diner comes to the UAE and more food briefs
James Gabrillo | August 31, 2013
A handout photo of a burger at Ashton Kutcher's Ketchuo in Downtown Dubai (Courtesy: Ketchup)
- The Hollywood diner Ketchup, a chain partly owned by Ashton Kutcher, is opening a branch in Downtown Dubai on September 4, offering comfort fare like burgers, steaks and cheesecake. Located at Emaar Boulevard Plaza, Tower 2 and open daily, 10am-midnight. Visit www.ketchup.ae for details.
- Keep cool with one of Costa’s new drinks. Those with a sweet tooth will love a drink dubbed The Creamy One, which blends white chocolate, tangy raspberry and crushed ice. Keep your eyes peeled for iced teas, which will also make their debut in the coming months.
- Looking for a way to keep that expensive basket of strawberries or raspberries last longer? Lifehacker.com suggests washing the fruit in a diluted vinegar bath - use one cup of vinegar to three cups of water. Let them dry, then store them in a dish lined with paper towels. The vinegar destroys bacteria on the berries, extending their shelf life by weeks.
More from Food
- Waxwork-themed Taste of Fame eatery in Dubai’s Sunset Mall: get kitschy with George Clooney
- 1,001 Arabian bites: bread, the ultimate comfort food, is life itself
- New Dubai cafe brings together classic rock music and coffee
- Döner & Gyros sandwich shop to open in Dubai
- Ishi Khosla’s top tips for weight loss
- Emirati chefs give Eid a local flavour with these tasty recipes