Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2013: Why not try a little Breakfast at Tiffany's?
Ann Marie McQueen | October 24, 2013
One of the festival's interesting offerings is a digital restoration of Breakfast at Tiffany's on the big screen. The film, which stars Audrey Hepburn in her most memorable roles and is based on the Truman Capote novel, screens just once, on Friday October 25 at 3.15pm in Emirates Palace. If you miss it, or you catch it and are feeling in a Breakfast at Tiffany's kind of mood, you can hop across the street to Quest Restaurant, on Level 63 of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. There, Chef Ben Wyatt has created a crazy-cool dessert named after the film as part of his Inspirational Asian Fine Dining menu. Nothing except the tiny croissant is what it seems on this plate, but all of it is delicious: the "coffee" is actually an iced dessert; inside the croissant is "scrambled eggs" made of ice cream and custard, placed over "ham" made from marinated, pureed peaches set with a gelling agent. It is accompanied by a "cereal", which is encased in a rice bag that dissolves into a berry-tinged delight.
- 1,001 Arabian Bites: From sweet to savoury, saffron is a valued spice
- All-day dining restaurant Nine7One is a pleasant surprise
- In pictures: Nine7One restaurant in Dubai
- Kid-friendly recipes for UAE school children’s lunch-boxes
- 10 new UAE restaurants still set to open in 2014
- In pictures: Authentic Thai cooking tips from an Anantara chef