Abu Dhabi chefs rewarded for thinking local
Emily Shardlow | February 5, 2013
Opening night is tonight, but when Abu Dhabi Gourmet closes for another year on February 20th with the annual awards gala dinner, a new accolade will be up for grabs.
The “Best Use of Local Produce” gong will be awarded to a chef working in the capital whom the Abu Dhabi Famers’ Service Centre (ADFSC) believe has shown the best use of local produce on their menus and in their dishes.
The award has been specially created to promote and increase awareness of the growing number of food items - fruit, vegetables, meat, poultry, honey and dates - produced in the region under the Local Harvest brand.
The new award is open to all Abu Dhabi based chefs and food professionals and the winner will be announced during the closing gala dinner held at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort on the 20th February.
- Sanjeev Kapoor opens Signature, his first restaurant in Abu Dhabi
- Restaurant review: Cut by Wolfgang Puck
- Inakaya at Ritz-Carlton serves a taste of Japan
- Despite global fears, chocolate perseveres
- Q&A with Toko Dubai executive chef Sebastian Francis
- Nespresso recipe: Coffee Glazed Short Rib of Beef with Nespresso’s Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru Coffee