Abu Dhabi chefs rewarded for thinking local
Emily Shardlow | February 5, 2013
Opening night is tonight, but when Abu Dhabi Gourmet closes for another year on February 20th with the annual awards gala dinner, a new accolade will be up for grabs.
The “Best Use of Local Produce” gong will be awarded to a chef working in the capital whom the Abu Dhabi Famers’ Service Centre (ADFSC) believe has shown the best use of local produce on their menus and in their dishes.
The award has been specially created to promote and increase awareness of the growing number of food items - fruit, vegetables, meat, poultry, honey and dates - produced in the region under the Local Harvest brand.
The new award is open to all Abu Dhabi based chefs and food professionals and the winner will be announced during the closing gala dinner held at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort on the 20th February.
- No ticket, no problem: Other ways to enjoy Abu Dhabi during F1 weekend
- My UAE: Hot property with the Emirati coffee entrepreneur Mansoor Al Bastaki
- Feeding the F1 thousands: what’s in store for hungry fans enjoying the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on a yacht
- New Youtube channel posts recipes for dog food
- Exclusive private dining club Nth Degree ushers in rare fare to Dubai
- A look at the dining scene around Abu Dhabi during F1 weekend