Fish sayadiya: A Ramadan recipe from the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi
Emily Shardlow | July 27, 2012
Should you be in need of inspiration for an iftar meal over the next few days, why not take a look at Abdul Salam Hamediís recipe for fish sayadiya. Heís the chef in charge at Silk Route restaurant at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi and we think the dish looks rather tasty.
Wash the rice three times, then strain and set aside.
Heat the oven to 180C. Mix the fish bones with the salt, pepper, half the cinnamon and cumin, the carrots and leeks. Tip onto a baking tray and place in the oven for ten minutes.
Slice the onion and saute gently in olive oil until golden.
Add the roasted fish bones to a large pan, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes.
Strain the stock into a new pan and place over a medium heat. Add the rice, season with salt and black pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
Marinate the fish with the remaining spices and and roast for 12 minutes at 200C.
Serve the fish and rice with the fried onions and pine nuts scattered over the top.
- Self-taught Emirati chef Bader Najeeb Al Awadhi bakes up a storm
- Fasting is healthy if done correctly, says celebrity dietician Ghida Arnaout
- Abu Dhabi’s tastiest secret: The Russian Kitchen House
- Four recipes for your UAE World Cup party
- Where to watch the World Cup in the UAE
- Restaurant review: The Foundry, Abu Dhabi