Wimbledon: then and now
Katie Trotter | July 8, 2013
Prior to Andy Murray in yesterday's game, Fred Perry was the last British player to win the men's Wimbledon championship in 1936. He was also the last British player to win a Men's singles Grand Slam title until Andy Murray won the 2012 US Open. It's amazing the difference that 77 years makes to court attire!
Just look at Suzanne Lenglen who won 31 Championship titles between 1914 and 1926 compared to this years winner Marion Bartoli.
- Trend: Eye spy
- Fashion notes: clash your wardrobe for a new look
- The Emperor 1688 wins in the regional menswear round of the International Woolmark Prize
- Pink, Kate Hudson and Jared Leto make Armani show at Paris Haute Couture Week a celebrity circus
- In pictures: The Emperor 1688 show at Fashion Forward
- Rami Al Ali in full bloom with rainforest collection