Swarovski teams up with GCC abaya designers
Nadia El Dasher | October 30, 2013
Austrian crystal manufacturers, Swarovski, have teamed up with six abaya designers from the GCC for their 'Crystal Loves Abaya' campaign.
The designers come from all over the region including Saudi Arabia (Hania Albraikan for Hania, and Rawan Azhar of Ta Marbota), Qatar (Sheikha Hend Al Qassemi for Medici), Oman (Lubna Al Zakwani for Endemage) and the UAE (Abeer Al Suwaidi for her eponymous brand, and Sara Al Madani for Rouge Couture).
The designs are now on-show at the Empty Quarter Gallery in DIFC.
For exclusive interviews with the designers, pick up a copy of The National's supplement magazine, LUXURY on November 14.
- Celeb speak at Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda
- Dolce & Gabbana convert Capri to couture haven
- Five things to do today: enjoy suhoor at Burger Joint NY UAE and play HintHunt with friends
- Lebanese designer Georges Hobeika takes inspiration from Impressionist painter Claude Monet for latest collection
- What I’ve learnt from attending fashion weeks
- Fashion notes: Channel your inner elegance in a midi length