Swarovski teams up with GCC abaya designers
Nadia El Dasher | October 30, 2013
Austrian crystal manufacturers, Swarovski, have teamed up with six abaya designers from the GCC for their 'Crystal Loves Abaya' campaign.
The designers come from all over the region including Saudi Arabia (Hania Albraikan for Hania, and Rawan Azhar of Ta Marbota), Qatar (Sheikha Hend Al Qassemi for Medici), Oman (Lubna Al Zakwani for Endemage) and the UAE (Abeer Al Suwaidi for her eponymous brand, and Sara Al Madani for Rouge Couture).
The designs are now on-show at the Empty Quarter Gallery in DIFC.
For exclusive interviews with the designers, pick up a copy of The National's supplement magazine, LUXURY on November 14.
- Head to the Hijab Clinic for tips on how to wear in style
- Hijab styles: step-by-step guide to Double Sided Scarf Wrap
- Hijab styles: step-by-step guide to the Ruffles Scarf Wrap
- Hijab styles: step-by-step guide to the Reverse Scarf Wrap
- Paris Fashion Week watch: Givenchy, Chloe and Kenzo collections
- Manish Malhotra talks about his love for Dubai and his new collection