Swarovski teams up with GCC abaya designers
Nadia El Dasher | October 30, 2013
Austrian crystal manufacturers, Swarovski, have teamed up with six abaya designers from the GCC for their 'Crystal Loves Abaya' campaign.
The designers come from all over the region including Saudi Arabia (Hania Albraikan for Hania, and Rawan Azhar of Ta Marbota), Qatar (Sheikha Hend Al Qassemi for Medici), Oman (Lubna Al Zakwani for Endemage) and the UAE (Abeer Al Suwaidi for her eponymous brand, and Sara Al Madani for Rouge Couture).
The designs are now on-show at the Empty Quarter Gallery in DIFC.
For exclusive interviews with the designers, pick up a copy of The National's supplement magazine, LUXURY on November 14.
- Kiehl’s new range promises stronger hair immediately
- Chloé’s ‘Love Story’ headed for the UAE
- How to score a fast fashion deal online at My-wardrobe
- Franca Sozzani, Alberta Ferretti and Roberto Cavalli coming to Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience
- Traditional ‘Prince of Wales check’ given the Thomas Pink treatment
- Top 10 Oscar de la Renta Red Carpet looks:in pictures
- Legendary fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at the age of 82
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- A contest to show off your UAE national pride – in style
- From Hijama to camel-soap: The UAE’s traditional Arabian beauty treatments