Swarovski teams up with GCC abaya designers
Nadia El Dasher | October 30, 2013
Austrian crystal manufacturers, Swarovski, have teamed up with six abaya designers from the GCC for their 'Crystal Loves Abaya' campaign.
The designers come from all over the region including Saudi Arabia (Hania Albraikan for Hania, and Rawan Azhar of Ta Marbota), Qatar (Sheikha Hend Al Qassemi for Medici), Oman (Lubna Al Zakwani for Endemage) and the UAE (Abeer Al Suwaidi for her eponymous brand, and Sara Al Madani for Rouge Couture).
The designs are now on-show at the Empty Quarter Gallery in DIFC.
For exclusive interviews with the designers, pick up a copy of The National's supplement magazine, LUXURY on November 14.
- Stella McCartney opens second store in Dubai
- Raya Abirached named brand ambassador for IWC Schaffhausen
- Mohammed Al Turki sports Jaeger-LeCoultre at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Items from architect Zaha Hadid, Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo and Princess Charlene of Monaco in female power dressing exhibition
- Museum in New York tells the story of cosmetics giant Helena Rubinstein in art