SAG Awards 2013: best and worst dressed
Nadia El Dasher | January 28, 2013
The dresses at this years Screen Actors Guild Awards were hugely different to anything we've seen on any red carpet this award season.
Instead of the usual mix of form-fitting mermaid gowns, fashion disasters and occasional show-stoppers there was a slew of beautiful but safe column dresses, monochrome palettes and (of course) the rare faux-pas.
New York-based designer Oscar De La Renta wowed us with three stunning pieces on three completely different women- flattering all equally.
Actresses who wowed us at the Globes (Amanda Seyfried and Anne Hathaway) didn't hit the right notes simply due to poor accessorising, while others who previously failed to impress (Tina Fey and Sofia Vergara) turned their look around and made a fashion comeback.
Lebanese designers produced hit after hit with names like Elie Saab, Basil Soda and Georges Hobeika on the carpet.
Who was your most and least favourite? Let us know in the comment box below.
- Stella McCartney opens second store in Dubai
- Raya Abirached named brand ambassador for IWC Schaffhausen
- Mohammed Al Turki sports Jaeger-LeCoultre at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Items from architect Zaha Hadid, Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo and Princess Charlene of Monaco in female power dressing exhibition
- Museum in New York tells the story of cosmetics giant Helena Rubinstein in art