SAG Awards 2013: best and worst dressed
Nadia El Dasher | January 28, 2013
The dresses at this years Screen Actors Guild Awards were hugely different to anything we've seen on any red carpet this award season.
Instead of the usual mix of form-fitting mermaid gowns, fashion disasters and occasional show-stoppers there was a slew of beautiful but safe column dresses, monochrome palettes and (of course) the rare faux-pas.
New York-based designer Oscar De La Renta wowed us with three stunning pieces on three completely different women- flattering all equally.
Actresses who wowed us at the Globes (Amanda Seyfried and Anne Hathaway) didn't hit the right notes simply due to poor accessorising, while others who previously failed to impress (Tina Fey and Sofia Vergara) turned their look around and made a fashion comeback.
Lebanese designers produced hit after hit with names like Elie Saab, Basil Soda and Georges Hobeika on the carpet.
Who was your most and least favourite? Let us know in the comment box below.
- Chloé’s ‘Love Story’ headed for the UAE
- How to score a fast fashion deal online at My-wardrobe
- Franca Sozzani, Alberta Ferretti and Roberto Cavalli coming to Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience
- Traditional ‘Prince of Wales check’ given the Thomas Pink treatment
- Celebrity lineup for Vogue Dubai Fashion Experience announced
- Top 10 Oscar de la Renta Red Carpet looks:in pictures
- Legendary fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at the age of 82
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- A contest to show off your UAE national pride – in style
- From Hijama to camel-soap: The UAE’s traditional Arabian beauty treatments
- Fashion notes: The deceptive comfort of sneaker culture