Roger Vivier's S/S 2013 presentation during Paris Fashion Week
Nadia El Dasher | October 9, 2012
As far as most people are concerned fashion week begins and ends on the runway. That's where most of us are wrong- the pièces de resistance are saved for private presentations.
New jewellery collections, handbags and most-importantly shoes are all shown to a select few invitees at presentations. Miu Miu's The Women's Tales, Dolce & Gabbana's Alta Moda line and Givenchy's couture collections are all examples of fashion's creative minds showcasing their work in an intimate setting.
Parisian accessories brand Roger Vivier held their S/S 2013 collection preview last week during Paris Fashion Week. Bright turquoise, pinks and mint greens were the chosen palette with hints of beige and peach. They experimented with sequins and heavy lace, working with intricate beading and several different heel styles.
Roger Vivier will soon be available in the UAE at the Level Shoe District, Dubai Mall on October 28.
- Paris Haute Couture Week: French first lady does red-carpet activism
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Fashion’s president Didier Grumbach steps down
- Harvey Nichols collaborates with Young Artist Award
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Schiaparelli’s controlled eccentricity
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Giambattista Valli’s stripes and flowers
- Theron and Penn dazzle at Dior’s colossal fashion celebration
- Regional designers create Star Wars: Episode VII outfits
- In pictures: Haute Couture at the house of Versace, Fall 2014
- Fashion notes: Florals are in bloom in latest menswear lines
- My UAE: the abaya couture of Fatima Al Mosa and her shop, Folak
- Trend: Short and sweet