Oscars 2013: best and worst dressed
Nadia El Dasher | February 25, 2013
FREDERIC J. BROWN
The Oscars is undoubtedly the most-anticipated red carpet event of the year. With Haute Couture pieces flown back and forth from Paris and looks being plucked straight off the runway onto the red carpet- the fashion world is in a complete frenzy until the stars are done with the show.
This year was a combination of big hits and strong misses- yet only one or two dresses stood out to us as Oscar-worthy: Jessica Chastain's glorious Armani Privé and Sally Field's flaming Valentino.
Were you as uninterested in Anne Hathaway's wrinkled number as we were? Did Charlize Theron's stark white gown wow you? Let us know in the comment box below.
From our Lifestyle blog Scene&Heard recap how Alex Ritman witnessed the night's events with our Academy Awards live blog
To look back on this season's other red carpet looks click on the links below:
- Kiehl’s new range promises stronger hair immediately
- Chloé’s ‘Love Story’ headed for the UAE
- How to score a fast fashion deal online at My-wardrobe
- Franca Sozzani, Alberta Ferretti and Roberto Cavalli coming to Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience
- Traditional ‘Prince of Wales check’ given the Thomas Pink treatment
- Top 10 Oscar de la Renta Red Carpet looks:in pictures
- Legendary fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at the age of 82
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- A contest to show off your UAE national pride – in style
- From Hijama to camel-soap: The UAE’s traditional Arabian beauty treatments