One to watch: Prada A/W 2012 campaign is just another game of chess
Nadia El Dasher | August 7, 2012
2012 has been a big year for Prada; an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a book and a much-celebrated string of collections. [gallery link="file"]
It comes as no surprise at all that the Italian house's latest campaign video for their A/W 2012 collection is stirring up a buzz.
Set in a surrealist purple, red and white empty room is a pseudo chess board and models Anne Vyalitsyna and Magdalena Frackowiak in a deadly serious game. The music escalates as three other models join the fun by walking back and forth in a runway meets a game of tag, removing and replacing their sunglasses and laying down on and getting off of the plush carpeting.
The video, which was directed by Stephen Meisel, ends with Frackowiak handing over what appears to be her king to Vyalitsyna. The drama surrounding the 1.34 minutes works to emphasise the details of every look: ombré hair, heavily lined eyes, retro-futuristic printed coats, embellished bags and chunky coloured heels.
To view the full video please visit: www.youtube.com/user/PRADA
All screenshots taken from YouTube.
- In pictures: The 9 finalist for sleepware Dressed to Rest contest
- Fashion notes: With age comes some wisdom about make-up
- Trend: Life on Mars with space-inspired metallic shades
- My Luxury Life: Madame Laudomia Pucci
- The Decoder: Reinast toothbrush for Dh16,129
- A Conversation with Farida Khelfa, the brand ambassador for the House of Schiaparelli