New York Fashion Week: Naomi Campbell owned the DVF runway
James Gabrillo | September 10, 2013
The veteran Diane von Furstenberg presented her latest line to the tune of Robin Thicke, Daft Punk and Justin Timberlake.
The surprise appearance of Naomi Campbell set cameras flashing and prompted cheers from the crowd. The 43-year-old catwalk queen wore a black and gold knit macrame dress.
It fit into DVF's broader theme, "Oasis", which also inspired tunic-and-trousers sets.
Long, fluid dresses with jungle prints made their way down the catwalk before Von Furstenberg herself did a little dance as she appeared at the end.
"In this world that's a little terrifying, I wanted to create an oasis of peace, of beauty, of colour and of harmony," said Von Furstenberg before the show.
- Kiehl’s new range promises stronger hair immediately
- Chloé’s ‘Love Story’ headed for the UAE
- How to score a fast fashion deal online at My-wardrobe
- Franca Sozzani, Alberta Ferretti and Roberto Cavalli coming to Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience
- Traditional ‘Prince of Wales check’ given the Thomas Pink treatment
- Top 10 Oscar de la Renta Red Carpet looks:in pictures
- Legendary fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at the age of 82
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- A contest to show off your UAE national pride – in style
- From Hijama to camel-soap: The UAE’s traditional Arabian beauty treatments
- Fashion notes: The deceptive comfort of sneaker culture