New York Fashion Week: Naomi Campbell owned the DVF runway
James Gabrillo | September 10, 2013
The veteran Diane von Furstenberg presented her latest line to the tune of Robin Thicke, Daft Punk and Justin Timberlake.
The surprise appearance of Naomi Campbell set cameras flashing and prompted cheers from the crowd. The 43-year-old catwalk queen wore a black and gold knit macrame dress.
It fit into DVF's broader theme, "Oasis", which also inspired tunic-and-trousers sets.
Long, fluid dresses with jungle prints made their way down the catwalk before Von Furstenberg herself did a little dance as she appeared at the end.
"In this world that's a little terrifying, I wanted to create an oasis of peace, of beauty, of colour and of harmony," said Von Furstenberg before the show.
- Guide to dressing from indoors to outdoors
- Celeb speak at Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda
- Dolce & Gabbana convert Capri to couture haven
- Five things to do today: enjoy suhoor at Burger Joint NY UAE and play HintHunt with friends
- Lebanese designer Georges Hobeika takes inspiration from Impressionist painter Claude Monet for latest collection
- What I’ve learnt from attending fashion weeks