Met Gala red carpet 2013: best and worst dressed
Nadia El Dasher | May 7, 2013
The Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala is referred to as the Oscars of the fashion world. The event is hosted by American Vogue's editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and this year's theme was punk.
With some attendees sticking to the theme of the night and others disregarding it completely (including Wintour herself who wore a floral Chanel piece)- here's a look at some of our best and worst dressed.
Were you as impressed by the gowns? Did others make you shudder in fashion-pain? Let us know in the comment box below.
DIDN'T QUITE CUT IT:
- Paris Haute Couture Week: French first lady does red-carpet activism
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Fashion’s president Didier Grumbach steps down
- Harvey Nichols collaborates with Young Artist Award
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Schiaparelli’s controlled eccentricity
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Giambattista Valli’s stripes and flowers
- Theron and Penn dazzle at Dior’s colossal fashion celebration
- Regional designers create Star Wars: Episode VII outfits
- In pictures: Haute Couture at the house of Versace, Fall 2014
- Fashion notes: Florals are in bloom in latest menswear lines
- My UAE: the abaya couture of Fatima Al Mosa and her shop, Folak
- Trend: Short and sweet