Halloween: gifts, treats and costume ideas
Nadia El Dasher | October 31, 2013
It’s that time of the year again where we all get dressed up for the sake of scaring people.
We’re big believers in dressing the part; Cruella De Vil versus the uninspired naughty bunny- in other words, the scarier the better.
So whether you’re throwing your own party and need some inspiration or are at a complete loss for a costume, All Dressed Up is here to help.
For the party-thrower:
A Halloween party isn’t complete without proper decorations.
To add some spook to your bathroom grab some of these delicious bath products from LUSH. The pumpkin bubble bar and soot ball bath bomb are great for decoration on the night and again the day after for your relaxing post-Halloween party bath.
Dh30 for pumpkin bubble bar; Dh29 for soot bath bomb, LUSH, Al Wahda Mall, 02 446 9501; Dubai Mall, 04 435 6114 and elsewhere.
Offer your guests Magnolia Bakery’s pumpkin whoopie pies- available only in the month of October:
Dh15 per pie, Magnolia Bakery, The Galleria, 02 674 9380; Dubai Mall, 04 350 5440.
For the party-goer:
If you’re going for a top-to-toe outfit, a quick click on Net-a-porter takes you straight to Charlotte Olympia’s playful shoes and bags.
You can expect to find bat-covered kitten heels, spider web platforms and vampire teeth flats and box clutches.
Clutch, Dh5,695.Cruciani’s pumpkin (see above), spider and pirate bracelets look great on their own or stacked up.
Dh100 each, www.crucianibracelets.ae.
Some of our favourite celebrity Halloween outfits to provide some inspiration:
- The Emperor 1688 wins in the regional menswear round of the International Woolmark Prize
- Pink, Kate Hudson and Jared Leto make Armani show at Paris Haute Couture Week a celebrity circus
- In pictures: The Emperor 1688 show at Fashion Forward
- Rami Al Ali in full bloom with rainforest collection
- In pictures: Rami Al Ali at Paris Haute Couture Week
- Regional designers create Star Wars: Episode VII outfits