Nadia El Dasher | May 2, 2013
A recent trip to Mall of the Emirates ended with a quick visit to the Fashion Dome- home of some of the glossiest designer stores in the city.
While going up the escalator we saw the Gucci window out of the corner of our eye and had to do a double take- the bright monochrome display was absolutely genius!
On closer inspection we noticed that the mannequins were, in fact, clad in a fabric of the exact same tone as their outfit.
The concept behind the windows was Avatar- which coincides beautifully with Gucci's S/S 2013 runway show. The collection included sharp azalea, citrus yellow and electric blue pieces paired with floaty silhouettes, bell sleeves and oversized ruffles.
On display now at Gucci, Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall.
- Fashion notes: 'Perfection' doesn't always equal beauty
- Trend: Summer bouquet
- Guide to dressing from indoors to outdoors
- Celeb speak at Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda
- Dolce & Gabbana convert Capri to couture haven
- Five things to do today: enjoy suhoor at Burger Joint NY UAE and play HintHunt with friends