Behind the scenes: Luxury fashion shoot
Katie Trotter | February 12, 2013
For the February issue of Luxury magazine we were to feature a special Valentines jewellry shoot themed around Art Deco. Since the shots were going to be tight we decided that we should have a strong hair and make up theme to make the pages pop.
Carolyn, who was our artist for the shoot takes us through how to get the 1920's look.
For the makeup, I decided to make a feature of the eyes using a silver cream eyeshadow from Illamasqua in Phenomena all over the lid. Then I used a burnt copper eyeshadow in Coppering by Mac that was blended into the crease and under the eye.
I darkened Sophia's brows to anchor the strong eye, and then applied my trusty Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Contour cream to contour the cheekbones.
For the lips, we used a taupe colour called Dusk in a Mac Cream Base, and later experimented with a berry lip from Mac Media Lipstick. Both were applied softly with a brush for a stained effect.
- Fashion notes: Separating the hip from the hipsters
- Top 10 Oscar de la Renta Red Carpet looks:in pictures
- Legendary fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at the age of 82
- The celebrities, shows and exhibitions in store at World of Fashion at Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates
- A contest to show off your UAE national pride – in style
- From Hijama to camel-soap: The UAE’s traditional Arabian beauty treatments