Behind the scenes: Luxury fashion shoot
Katie Trotter | February 12, 2013
For the February issue of Luxury magazine we were to feature a special Valentines jewellry shoot themed around Art Deco. Since the shots were going to be tight we decided that we should have a strong hair and make up theme to make the pages pop.
Carolyn, who was our artist for the shoot takes us through how to get the 1920's look.
For the makeup, I decided to make a feature of the eyes using a silver cream eyeshadow from Illamasqua in Phenomena all over the lid. Then I used a burnt copper eyeshadow in Coppering by Mac that was blended into the crease and under the eye.
I darkened Sophia's brows to anchor the strong eye, and then applied my trusty Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Contour cream to contour the cheekbones.
For the lips, we used a taupe colour called Dusk in a Mac Cream Base, and later experimented with a berry lip from Mac Media Lipstick. Both were applied softly with a brush for a stained effect.
- Stella McCartney opens second store in Dubai
- Raya Abirached named brand ambassador for IWC Schaffhausen
- Mohammed Al Turki sports Jaeger-LeCoultre at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Items from architect Zaha Hadid, Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo and Princess Charlene of Monaco in female power dressing exhibition
- Museum in New York tells the story of cosmetics giant Helena Rubinstein in art