All Dressed Up goes to Australia: Day 3
Katie Trotter | March 8, 2013
We are here for one reason - to shoot an eight page fashion editorial for Luxury Magazine with the internationally renowned Australian fashion photographer Simon Upton on the luxury island of Hayman in the Great Barrier Reef. After a long and bumpy boat ride from Hamilton Island we settled into our fantastic sea view rooms and after a minor worry over a misplaced bag we eventually got reconnected with all fourteen suitcases and lighting equipment.
Hayman is pretty close to paradise being the most northerly of the Whitsunday Islands, part of the Cumberland Islands, which are located off the coast of Central Queensland. The only thing worrying us is the fact that the island has a cyclone warning, so our plans to show off the beautiful resort are starting to go up in smoke! Still in high spirits, despite the weather, we soldier on!
Check out our views coming into the private island of Hayman.....
Having had less than six hours sleep of any real kind in the last three days by the time it gets to shoot day- we are exhausted, but all meet for a spectacular breakfast spread at 6am. We are starting in the Diane Von Furstenburg penthouse which is good news as the winds are picking up and the rain seems to be relentless!
Hair and make up starts at 6.30 and takes over two hours as we work on some floral headpieces. We can't wait to show you the results....
Goodbye from the team for now!
- Stella McCartney opens second store in Dubai
- Raya Abirached named brand ambassador for IWC Schaffhausen
- Mohammed Al Turki sports Jaeger-LeCoultre at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Items from architect Zaha Hadid, Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo and Princess Charlene of Monaco in female power dressing exhibition
- Museum in New York tells the story of cosmetics giant Helena Rubinstein in art