Alexander McQueen's latest pieces
Nadia El Dasher | April 29, 2013
Sarah Burton's S/S 2013 collection for Alexander McQueen was heavily influenced by insects- in particular, bees.
The accessories in particular were inspired by the structure of honeycombs, in the form of perspex and leather boots as well as stunning beekeeper headpieces.
Both runway pieces are now available at The Dubai Mall store.
Headpiece, Dh7,300; shoes, Dh16,000, Alexander McQueen, Dubai Mall, 04 339 8760.
What do you think of these pricey showpieces? Let us know in the comment box below.
- Paris Haute Couture Week: French first lady does red-carpet activism
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Fashion’s president Didier Grumbach steps down
- Harvey Nichols collaborates with Young Artist Award
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Schiaparelli’s controlled eccentricity
- Paris Haute Couture Week: Giambattista Valli’s stripes and flowers
- Theron and Penn dazzle at Dior’s colossal fashion celebration
- Regional designers create Star Wars: Episode VII outfits
- In pictures: Haute Couture at the house of Versace, Fall 2014
- Fashion notes: Florals are in bloom in latest menswear lines
- My UAE: the abaya couture of Fatima Al Mosa and her shop, Folak
- Trend: Short and sweet